1. How and where do I apply for availing PRAYAS grant?
Approved PRAYAS centres announce periodical calls for applications. The details of all PRAYAS centres can be viewed on https://nidhi-prayas.org/prayascenters.html
2. Is there any technology preference under NIDHI-PRAYAS?
The priority areas for supporting innovations under NIDHI PRAYAS program are manufacturing, agriculture, healthcare, clean-tech, energy, water and Internet of Things (IOT). However, ideas under other technology areas may be considered on merit basis.
3. Can I apply for a software product?
NIDHI-PRAYAS scheme is for converting an idea into prototype for physical product. Projects related to pure Software development, Ecommerce, Service, App based solutions will not be supported under NIDHI-Prayas. However, software as one of the components of hardware product (for ex. an IoT product) can be considered for project funding for an integrated hardware prototype development.
4. I have prototype ready for a hardware product. Can I apply for NIDHI-PRAYAS for product completion support?
NIDHI-PRAYAS is a Proof-of-Concept grant. Products that have passed prototype level cannot be supported under NIDHI-PRAYAS.
5. What is the eligibility criteria for innovators to apply under NIDHI-PRAYAS?
Please see this link https://www.nidhi-prayas.org/letters/Eligibility%20_%20Broad%20Terms%20_v4_16-09-2020.pdfto know about the eligibility criteria for innovators or start-up.
6. What is the quantum of funding support given to innovators/start-up?
The maximum funding support provided is upto Rs.10 lakhs. However, the local PRAYAS centre Monitoring Committee decides the funding amount for their selected innovators.
7. Can I take my salary from the PRAYAS grant? Is there any guideline for the use of funds received under PRAYAS?
No, the innovators cannot take any salary from the PRAYAS grant. The grant fund can be used only for below purposes:
- Outsourcing Charges for R & D, Design Engg., Consultancy, Testing, Expert cost
- Raw material, Consumables, Spares
- Fabrication , Synthesis charges of working model or process
- Business Travel and Event participation Fees (Ceiling 10% of approved project cost)
- Patent filing Cost – (PCT- Ceiling 10% of approved project cost)
- Contingency - (Ceiling 10% of approved project cost)
The PRAYAS grant CAN NOT be used for:
- To pay the grantee or their relatives.
- To repay pre-existing loans or commitments of the innovator.
- To pay usage charges to the Incubator from the PRAYAS grant. Grantee can use other funds to pay any such charges, if any.
- To pay rent of own accommodation, creation of infrastructure facility like shed etc.
- As a stop gap arrangement to support any other professional pursuits.
8. What is the duration of PRAYAS program?
The total duration of the proposed project by innovator under PRAYAS program should not exceed 18 months. If there is no progress made by the innovator, the PC reserves the right to terminate the support to the innovator and the project will be discontinued, and the Innovator should return the unused funds.
9. For receiving the PRAYAS Grant, is it necessary to incubate with the Prayas Centre:
The selected applicant must pre-incubate or incubate with the Prayas centre upon receiving the PRAYAS grant.
10. What is the other support which I can get under PRAYAS program?
They will get access to the space, access to the fab lab, technical guidance, mentorship, during their project duration.
11. I have already received PRAYAS grant, can apply once again?
No, the innovator/start-up can avail the PRAYAS support only one time.
1. What is NIDHI-EIR program?
The NIDHI-EIR Program would provide subsistence grant to an aspiring or budding entrepreneur of considerable potential for pursuing a promising technology business idea.
The Programme aims:
- To encourage graduating student to take to entrepreneurship by providing support as a fellowship.
- To provide a prestigious forum for deserving and budding entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology based businesses.
- To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs for incubators
- To make pursuing entrepreneurship related to a technology business idea more attractive among options available career options.
- To enable creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
2. Who is eligible?
NIDHI-EIR support recipient should fulfil all the following requirements
- The EIR applicant should be citizen of India. An Indian citizen is defined as one who is in possession of a government approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id etc.
- The EIR applicant should have completed
- Minimum 4 years of formal full time undergraduate/post graduate education towards one or more degree programme. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering.
- 3 years degree or diploma program and have 2 year full time work experience post degree or diploma. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering.
- Should be first generation innovative entrepreneur committed to explore a business idea and has no prior source of income.
- Should have clear intention of perusing the business idea and setting up a start up to carry it forward and should demonstrate his/her ability to build a scalable technology business startup.
- Is not a promoter or significant (>10%) share holder / beneficiary of another company at the time of applying for and receiving the grant approval.
- Is expected to pursue the entrepreneurial aspirations full time. NIDHI-EIR cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
- Should be willing to be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at the Programme Executing Partner – TBI for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
3. Who is a Programme Executing Partner – TBI?
The program shall be executed at selected Technology Business Incubator (TBI). These incubators shall be approved by NSTEDB to serve as Programme Executing Partnersoperating the NSTEDB's EIR program.
Programme Executing Partner – TBI will
- Operate the program to increase their pipeline of young entrepreneurs pursuing technology idea.
- Follow an appropriate mechanism to select the NIDHI-EIRs
- Periodically review the progress or NIDHI-EIRs.
- Terminate the support to non-performing NIDHI-EIRs even before completion of 12 months with intimation to PIP/NSTEDB.
- Submit periodical report, annual Utilization Certificates to Program Implementation Partner (PIP)/NSTEDB as may be required.
- Maintain the latest data on the status of the program on the portal as per the instruction provided by the PIP/NSTEDB.
4. Who is a Programme Implementation Partner (PIP)?
Venture Center is the PIP for NIDHI-EIR
The PIP shall be responsible for overall management of the programme. PIP will
- Invite proposals from qualifying incubators, organise an evaluation process via PMC.
- Conduct Project Monitoring Committee(PMC), constituted by NSTEDB, with a mandate for selection of the incubators as well as the periodical review of the progress of the programme and suggest mid-course corrections, if required.
- Submit minutes of the PMC, progress reports and annual utilisation certificates to NSTEDB in a timely manner.
- The PIP shall also be responsible for tracking the programme and maintaining data on the programme via an online portal.
5. What are the broad parameters for selection of technology?
- Preference shall be given for
- Technology business ideas with larger technology uncertainties and/ or long gestation periods,
- Technology business ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicly funded research or academic organizations,
- Technology business ideas with considerable potential for social impact.
- Entrepreneurs pursuing business ideas with no or marginal technology innovation or those with very short journey (i.e less than 6 months) to commercialization are discouraged to apply.
6. How to apply for NIDHI EIR?
NIDHI-EIR support aspirant should submit the application to a PEP of his choice.
7. What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of application?
- Duely filled application form
- Formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue
- Business presentation including the investment proposal
- Proof of citizenship (copy of passport)
8. What is the process of selection?
- After the receipt of proposals, Programme Executing Partner – TBI will check the eligibility of each applicant.
- Applicants who are eligible will then be scrutinised by the expert committee at each Programme Executing Partner – TBI based on certain qualifying criteria’s to select the final recipients of NIDHI-EIR support.
9. What will be the duration of NIDHI-EIR support?
- The duration of support will not be more than 18 months
- If NIDHI-EIR recipient raises funding or investments for their business ideas/ potential start ups, the grant support shall be discontinued from the date of receipt of the first tranche of funds
- Programme Executing Partner – TBI may terminate the support to non-performing NIDHI-EIR receipient even before completion of 18 months with intimation to Programme Implementation Partner /NSTEDB.
10. What kind of support will be provided under NIDHI-EIR program?
Support will include:
- The NIDHI-EIR support recipient will be eligible for grant maximum of Rs.30,000/- per month with a minimum level of Rs.10,000/- per month for a period of 12 months extendable up to 18 months in case of deserving candidates subject to approval of the selection committee at respective NIDHI-TBI However, total support for each NIDHI-EIR should not exceed Rs 360000.
- As an NIDHI-EIR recipient, an entrepreneur gets office space, administrative support and a stipend to establish/make the most of their ideas and turn innovative breakthroughs into viable businesses. Programme Executing Partner – TBI may charge NIDHI-EIR recipient for providing pre-incubation or resident incubation services.
- Programme Executing Partner – TBI shall guide and mentor the NIDHI-EIR recipient in business planning and execution.
11. Which Programme Executing Partner – TBI do I select?
If you need to know more about our Programme Executing Partners – TBI, please visit their website or contact them.
12. Whether I should be an incubatee at present with Programme Executing Partner – TBI to be eligible for NIDHI-EIR support?
You may not be an incubatee at the time of application but after receiving NIDHI-EIR support will have to be incubated with the Programme Executing Partner – TBI.
13. Is the information provided by me kept Confidential?
Absolutely, we maintain confidentiality of all the proposals we receive under different schemes. All third party reviewers sign a non disclosure agreement and no conflict agreement before viewing the proposals.
14. Can I apply again for NIDHI-EIR support?
You can not apply again if you have received NIDHI-EIR support once. However you can reapply if your previous application was not successful.
15. Can I submit two applications for two different ideas under one call?
Yes, but only one will be finally provided NIDHI-EIR support if selected