Centres of Excellence are NSTEDB's star TBIs with an objective to create World-Class High-Performance Startups that cater to the world. Technology based new enterprises are high risk and high growth ventures, and they require an enabling environment like NIDHI-Centre of Excellence (NIDHI-COE) to enhance the prospects of their success. The NIDHI-COE proposes to strengthen existing capacities of STEP/TBI and support potential start-ups with different perceptions and practices in transferring technological innovations into marketable products/high-growth companies. To further augment and scale up existing incubation activities in TBIs, the Department would provide an enhanced support Rs.50 crore in 5 years. The support would include a design/product/prototype development & Validation Centres along with the Patent Facilitation centres, state-of-the-art technology based TBI facilities to accommodate minimum 100 startups and an accelerator for 10 high potential startups. The support would encourage innovation, entrepreneurship, successful business development, and community revitalization, and ensure development of local economy that generates wealth and shares prosperity.
Objectives of NIDHI-COE
- To promote new technology/knowledge/innovation-based impact making startups.
- To provide cost effective, value added services to startups like mentoring, legal, financial, technical, intellectual property related services.
- To scale up existing/new activities targeted at seeding and supporting startups.
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialization of technologies developed by the host institution or by any academic/technical/R&D institution or by an individual.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries and other institutions.
- To create jobs, wealth and business in alignment with national priorities.
The NIDHI-COE would create a space to incubate at least 100 startups at any given point of time. The NIDHI-COE would target to graduate 150 startups in five years in IT domain and 100 startups in other sectors like Biotech, manufacturing, energy, agri-business etc.
Detailed Document for NIDHI-CoE Programme: http://nstedb.com/New_Programmes/2018/NIDHICentreofExcellence.pdf