Business incubation has been globally recognized as an important tool for job creation and economic development. Innovation and Entrepreneurship Division of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India is supporting Technology Business Incubators primarily in and around academic, technical and management institutions to tap innovations and technologies for venture creation by utilizing expertise and infrastructure already available with the host institution. Recently non-academic institutions have shown interest in setting up NIDHI-TBIs. Technology based new enterprises are high risk and high growth ventures, and require an enabling environment like NIDHI-TBI to enhance the prospects of their success. There are different variants of incubators like - Technology Business Incubators (NIDHI-TBIs); Innovation Hubs; Centers for Innovation & Entrepreneurship; Virtual Incubators and Seed Accelerators.
Objectives of NIDHI-TBI
- To create jobs, wealth and businesses aligning with national priorities.
- To promote new technology/knowledge/innovation-based startups.
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialization of technologies developed by the host institution or by any academic/technical/R&D institution or by an individual.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries and other institutions.
- To provide cost effective, value added services to startups like mentoring, legal, financial, technical, intellectual property related services.
NIDHI-TBI programme related Document: http://nstedb.com/New_Programmes/2018/NIDHITBI.pdf
For more info: https://www.nstedb.in/ni/