Ministries & Departments
The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) registered in April 2001, under the Manipur Societies Registration Act, 1989, for bioresources development and their sustainable use through biotechnological interventions for the socio-economic growth of the region. Objectives:
1. To set up the state of art biotechnology research facilities at Imphalwhich is at the center of the Indo-Burmese Biodiversity Hotspot for sustainable development of bioresources using -tools of modern biology.
2. To study and document the unique biodiversity of the bio-geographic junction of the Indian and oriental landmasses.
3. To develop biotechnological interventions for sustainable development and utilization of bioresources
4. To undertake capacity building (human resource development) in bioresources conservation and management.
5. To generate technological packages for employments generation and economic progress of the region.
6. To collaborate with other institutions/- organizations/- universities nationally and internationally in furthering research pursuits in bioresources