PRARAMBH – 1st startup conclave of BIMSTEC nation
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India has organised ‘Prarambh’ – Startup India International Summit – during 15-16 January 2021, in a virtual format.
‘Prarambh’ is aimed to bring together top policy makers, industry, academia, investors, startups and all stakeholders from across the globe. In addition to deliberating on good practices from best of the ecosystems across the world, the sessions of the Summit were designed to showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship based on innovation in India. The idea is to attain attention of global capital for startups in India, mobilize domestic capital, provide opportunities for accessing international markets to our startups and evolve enabling policy provisions.
The Indian startup ecosystem today is counted amongst the world’s largest startup ecosystems and is growing at an unprecedented rate, contributing to the innovation driven growth for the Indian economy. The Summit also celebrated five years of launch of Startup India initiative that has played a pivotal role in spurring the spirit of entrepreneurship in every corner of the country. The two-day long virtual summit has brought together over 200 speakers from around the world and India, facilitate discussions on technologies, innovation, robust policies, and initiatives, enable government and international organisations to share their views and set on fire the minds of young Indian entrepreneurs, driving them to solve the problems and challenges that matter, not just for India but also for the entire world.
The objectives of the summit have been enumerated as follows:
- Encouraging and inspiring the youth for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Exchanging knowledge on the best practices on nurturing startup ecosystems
- Developing capacities of entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Mobilising global and domestic capital for investments into startups
- Providing opportunities to startups for entering domestic (private and public) and international markets
- Showcasing high-quality, high technology and frugal innovations from India
- Enabling ease of doing business for startups and investors
For more information, visit: https://www.