DBT Smart India Hackathon
- DBT participated in Smart India Hackathon initiated spearheaded by MHRD.
- Seventeen problem statements were posed.
- Student teams from engineering institutions were requested to provide digital solutions.
- Thirty student teams selected problems posed by DBT.
- Student teams provided web-based, android-based apps for manpower management, detecting impersonation in exams linked to aadhar card, key-word based searching to avoid duplication of projects in different funding agencies, segregation of lectures by nobel laureates, Padma awardees, ted talks, biotech history app, marine resources and utilisation etc.
- Three awards were given by DBT, one award was given by persistent systems and 11 awards were arranged by Host College through sponsorship.
- Top 8 teams have been contacted for refining the digital solutions for use by the department.